Image pictures: Susan Watt Grade and writer Kay Cooper Watt (my mother) on an Irish television appearance - RTÉ Nationwide - during writing workshop.
Freelancer. Fall 2006-2011.
Wrote art reviews, features, and artist educational articles for e-newsletters and local and national art publications.
Regular contributor covering visual arts for NUVO, focusing on Indianapolis-based community journalism .
SELECT PUBLICATION HISTORY
Magazine: Surface Design Journal, Sebastopol, Calif.,
• In Review - Ball-Nogues Studio: Gravity’s Loom, Indianapolis Museum of Art, Summer 2011.
Newspaper: NUVO Newsweekly, Indianapolis, Ind.
• Shannon Linker: a force for Indy’s arts, cover story, Sep 7-13, 2011.
• Know No Stranger: Indy’s Newest Theater Troupe Takes Over, cover story, May 19-26, 2010.
• Ben Johnson, Gallery 924 at Indianapolis Arts Council, Oct 6-13, 2010.
• New Works by Jay Parnell, ARTBOX, Sep 8-15, 2010.
• Making It (literally) in Indy (interview with artist Brian McCutcheon), Aug 11-18, 2010.
• First Fridays’ fresh face: A conversation with new IDADA president, Abbey Pintar, May 5-12, 2010.
• WUG LAKU: Artist brings old magic to new setting, ORANJE art and music event, Sep 16-23, 2009.
• NANCY LEE: Shaping the little things, ORANJE art and music event, Sep 16-23, 2009.
• Rickey’s Mile-Square Motion (George Rickey: An Evolution), public art Indianapolis exhibition, June 3-6, 2009.
• Nature Holds My Camera: The Video Art of Sam Easterson, Indianapolis Museum of Art, Nov 5-11, 2008.
• How We Remember: Images Found and Made (Judith G. Levy), Big Car Gallery, Aug 13-20, 2008.
• A Midwest Aesthetic (Focus: Midwest), Midwest Museum of Contemporary Art, Mar 12-19, 2008.
• Kennerk’s Suburbia (Suburban Nation: Emily Kennerk), Indianapolis Museum of Art, July 25-Aug 1, 2007.
• Afloat in a foreign place (Maria Magdalena Campos-Pons: Everything Is Separated by Water), Indianapolis Museum of Art,
Mar 7-14, 2007.
• LIFE PATTERNS – The Libation Series: Sculpture by Denise Ward-Brown, published by DePauw University’s Emison Art
Center for exhibition, "LIBATION: Sculpture by Denise Ward-Brown"; Greencastle, Ind., on view: March 1-12, 2000.
• A Weighty Subject: 785 Glass Paperweights, DePauw Notes, Volume XXV, No. 6; published by DePauw University's Office
of Public Affairs, Greencastle, Ind., March 2000.
• Coping With Questionable Provenance, Midwest Museums Conference newsletter, Spring 1992.